Every probate is unique, but will most likely involve the following steps:
- Filing a petition with the proper probate court
- Giving proper notice to heirs and interested parties
- Getting a personal representative appointed
- Preparing an inventory of the estate assets
- Prioritizing payment of the estate debts and taxes
- Preparing an accounting of the estate administration
- Preparing tax returns; and
- Distributing assets to the applicable heirs.
I have extensive experience in guiding families through this difficult time in their lives. My goal is to help navigate through the probate process with a minimum of stress and expense.